“My name is Paul Ledroit. I am a lawyer and very skeptical of alternative medicine.... Read more
Follow a diet that minimizes excess estrogen in your system. Breast tissue is extremely sensitive to high fat (especially saturated and trans-fat), high-carbohydrate diets, which raise estrogen levels. Excess estrogen stimulates breast tissue, resulting in breast pain and cyst formation in many women.
- Eat plenty of soluble fiber from vegetable sources, especially cruciferous vegetables-- cabbage, broccoli, kale, Brussels sprouts and turnips.
- Eat soy foods such as tofu, miso and tempeh.
- Consume sea vegetables for their mineral and iodine content. Iodine can relieve breast pain.
- Eliminate or reduce dairy products due to the large amount of antibiotics and hormones fed to cows, which can potentially affect women's breasts.
- Eliminate caffeine. Coffee, caffeinated sodas, colas and chocolate can cause overstimulation of breast tissue in some women.
Most women with cyclic breast pain and swelling benefit from eating a whole-foods, low-fat diet.